Close All Laptops Please
Only the back half of the class may use their laptops.
How to Make a Stop Motion
We are using a photographic sequence to provide the illusion of movement.
- Smaller steps = smoother motion
- Use a tripod if possible
- Don't stand between light and the scene
- To reduce flicker, use your camera's manual mode
- You will be:
- Taking a series of photos to show a simple action
- Put the image sequence together using a tool of your choice
- Upload the sequence to YouTube, Vimeo... etc
- Add a link to the Canvas discussion
Your animation will need to create a sense of suspense.
Options to Assemble Your Images
- Windows Movie Maker
- Stop Motion - Animation Maker Pro (iPhone/iPad)
- Stop Motion (Android)
Instructions for Movie Maker and iMovie are available on Canvas.
There have been some questions on how to submit your final projects, here is a breakdown:
- Digital photography = PDF
- Text+image combinations = PDF
- Graphic narratives = PDF or physical copy
- Flipbooks = Physical copy
- Stop-motion = YouTube or Vimeo link
Please pull out your materials from your A04 concept for this week.
- Explain your idea to your idea to your neighbour in 2 sentences or less
- Ask eachother to identify your position or purpose
- How does the form you have chosen influence your idea?
- How might using other forms positively or negatively influence the idea?
- How do you plan on completing the project?
For next week
- Your process work of A04 for feedback.
- Complete Quiz 4
Exam Prep + A04 Feedback
How to Contact Andrew
- Office Hours:
- Wednesdays from 11:30-12:20 at SFU Surrey on the mezzanine
- Thursdays from 1:30-2:20pm outside SSC-B9201
- Fridays from 10:30-11:20 at SFU Surrey on the mezzanine
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 778.782.9747
- Office: Room 2816 (SFU Surrey)